Saturday, September 19, 2009

Corn Bread


Today was an exceptionally beautiful day. It felt like a warm day during Fall or a Summer night in California. I woke up refreshed and for some reason my eyes felt like they were more open or something. My iced americano from the Oratorio Cafe and my corn bread from an Ewha bakery only made my morning better.

On top of my delightful morning I got to spend a few hours hanging out with one of my former swim students from Waterworks. His name is Daniel or Jong Won and I tutored him in English today. Basically we hung out together and worked on a Spiderman vs. Venom coloring/workbook. His mom Mi Ran is really nice and always feeds me well. Today she took me out for Indian food. We had Nan, Chicken and Curry and everything was muy delicioso.
They live in Ilsan so I had to take an express bus for about 40 minutes to get there but it was nice to get out of Seoul for a while and actually spend some time in a bigger apartment. Ilsan to Seoul is like Irvine to Los Angeles. It's really beautiful. Next week Mi Ran is going to take us to a lake near her house and hopefully I will have some more kids to tutor $$.

I wish I brought my camera to Ilsan but I forgot it :/ For the rest of the day I think I will study Korean at a nearby Cafe and maybe watch Korean dramas a little later. I'm into this show called Style. Basically, it's like a Korean Devil Wears Prada but for TV and with a lot of Korean drama.


This week I have two photoshoots booked so I'm super excited but I'm a little nervous. I was so consumed in finding job and working that I pushed modeling to the side for a while. It's a little nerve racking to jump into it again but I know I'll be comfortable when the day comes. I'll post pics as soon as I get them!


Fighting!

<3Sylvia

P.S. for those who don't know Fighting is like a "let's do it!" or "yeah!" type saying. ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment