Sunday, October 11, 2009

Culture Shock

Communal showers.

Really, communal showers aren’t that bad. BUT Korean communal showers are something entirely different...

Friday I went swimming for the first time in two months at a near by gym. In the locker room people in Korea like to hang out naked and the showers are completely open. Okay that’s fine. The disturbing part was that I saw a women laying in the middle of the shower. She was just LAYING there! The ajooma was laying in the middle of the shower amongst everyone's dirt and dead skin. I saw her from the corner of my eye and then glanced. When I realized what I was looking at I turned away as quickly as I could with a really disgusted look on my face. Then I started to think ‘what if she fainted?’ ‘what if she’s hurt?’ So I glanced again and immediately regretted it. The lady wasn’t hurt. She was just freaking laying there and staring off into space ... I still don’t understand this and I’m still disturbed by the picture burned in my mind.

On a lighter note, I got some pics back. These are totally different from anything else in my port. I guess they kind of suit this blog entry lol.




3 comments:

  1. I really like the photo of you in the blue dress! Very moody and mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAD NO IDEA THIS EXISTED AND NOW MY LIFE IS COMPLETE! this is great! :D

    ReplyDelete