Friday, April 2, 2010

Rock the Boat

On Sunday, we randomly took a boat from Busan, Korea to Fukuoka, Japan. It was an overnight boat so by the time we landed it was already morning. Unfortunately, I ended up throwing up ALL NIGHT due to either sea sickness, food poisoning, or a combination of the two. The next day, my body was completely exhausted but we ended up walking across practically the whole city to find our hotel. I slept that whole next day while Kalan and Jesse looked around the city. The next day I was rejuvenated and was able to really see Fukuoka's beauty. The cherry blossoms were in bloom and the weather was perfect. While basking in the sun, we wondered why Seoul's weather sucks so bad.

That evening we met up with our friend Kento in Kurume which is a town about thirty minutes away. Kento's family and friends threw a BBQ in our honor. His family was really nice and the food they made was so good. There were cherry blossoms everywhere we went.

Since the trip, however, I've had a cold and now I'm trying to recoup so that I can start training again for my 10k at the end of the month. This month, our agenda is to save money, work out, and enjoy Korea in the Spring. People anticipate that the cherry blossoms will bloom here within a week.

I took a lot of pics and I'll post them soon. :)

With love,

Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment